Thursday, November 30, 2006

At Home!

So, I had managed to convince Pete to drive me to the airport for my 6am flight. Many thanks :D
Managed to pack up my entire room...weird, the other night I had this weird dream that I had to pack up my room again. And that I was paranoid about leaving stuff behind and locking my door behind me and then forgetting something was in there, and then not being able to get back in. Weird. At least it wasn't real!

So, came home on Friday morning, after not really sleeping at all on Thursday night. Was really out of it. I did sleep on the plane, but it's kinda hard - I find it quite difficult to sleep on a plane for an extended period of time. It was a fairly full flight, and I think the Polynesian Music something were on it haha.
At the airport, I checked myself in (as is now customary for me), then went to the Baggage Drop. And my suitcase was 28 kilos. I had to pay $20 extra... :S Grrr....
And the lady asked me, "Are you carrying a tennis raquet?" Huh?! Oh, my violin. She asked me to open up the case, probably just to prove it was a violin, and didn't have anything dangerous in it. And I told her, "I've travelled with my violin before, never had any problems...I've even been abroad with it!" Haha. She warned me to hang on to it. Hah. Like I wouldn't. At least I was amused.
I was really in no mood to make small talk or anything, so I did my thing on the plane, you know, put my stuff up (stepping on the seats...eek!) and promptly plugged my headphones in.
I got to listen to the 3rd and 4th Mozart Horn Concertos, played by Barry Tuckwell. I was happy. And excited. But didn't have anybody to share my excitement with - pooh!

Oh well, had to wait at the airport at the other end (home) because my parents think that I take a long time to check out. Blergh. It was very early (about 7am). I came home, did my thing. Was soo out of it becuase of the time, but decided I needed a nap, so had one at about 10am. Woke up at about 3pm...I like naps :) But still felt weirded out by time. That's not the best flight coming home either... :S

So, I haven't done much at home except for a bit of practice. Checked email a couple of times (yes, I am not as connected, that's ok). Watched TV (yay!). Slept a lot! I keep pressing snooze, I'm not even sure if setting an alarm is worth it anymore!

Last night I went to the Hale St Mary's Service of Six Lessons and Carols. It was held at St Joseph's, Subiaco, rather than St George's in the city, because St George's is undergoing major reconstruction. Oh well. It was a pretty church. Quite different, but still good.
The choir sang pretty well...I don't think I'll go into details...my reviews tend to be long and painfully drawn out (just look at any of my Concert Report forms)
But it was nice to see some people I knew, including some teachers and some students. It's starting to dawn on me that I'm starting to get a teensy bit old, because there are less people I know than don't know in the choir.
Ern, Jasmine and I went out afterwards (after Nat and Andy went home) and we stayed at Dome talking for a while. If there's something I desparately want to hear just after Christmas or in the New Year, it's to hear that Jas is coming to Melbourne. And that she's going to be at Ormond. And the con. That would make me really happy.

Apart from that really, I haven't been doing very much.
It's nice to see this clustermap thing on the right...I do check it..!
Nice to see hits from England (who there is checking this..?!), is that Malaysia I see (dunno?!) couple from NZ, Asia, across Australia (surprise at some of the locations, but oh well!) as well as a couple from the USA (including a region I have visited..yay!)
Keep clicking, my friends! hehe :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and Iiii-e-iiii will always loove youu (and thus check your blog hahah)

ok
will email you crazily tomorrow! xxx
p.s. I miss you like a beheaded lobster misses being able to control its body.