Saturday, November 11, 2006

assuming I've passed all my exams...

I am now done with second year uni!! Eek..!

So, because I am a lazy bum.....I have copied, and tweaked for an account of my last exam on Thursday (my piano prac exam)
ran into andrew in the morning (he was waiting for a rehearsal with his accompanist)
Who else did i run into..? well,lots of people. hehe. i like the con.
Anyway...the exam....

it went *pretty* well. as expected, I got cut off in my Bach (too many repeats..?)
but I got to play the ravel and liszt all the way through. And some ppl came,
including hilary, my-hong, elise and michael, and unfortuantely, anne and amy
were like, 2 minutes later, but they sat outside listening to me! so that was
all good. :) unfortunatley no platonically heart-warming faces (of monday 10am)
were present. Although i ran into dave in the foyer after.

elise and i went to get ho-chos after...and sat with anne and amy and michael,
as well as kathy and mark (shiell). hehe :P and their kid :) awww!
and ppl came and went...including mischa, whose exam was on thursday too. and ran
into ben ellwood, as well as ben and tim (the mulherrin boys) from church. heeh.
clearly, uni is the place to be! :) (i like it so much..!) and then anne, amy and
i were stretching in the con foyer (getting funny looks from ppl haha) and tim
mckenry walked in. we were in the middle of stretching.. "Hi tim!" haha. :P

So I was clearly at uni for much longer than i really needed to be. but it was fun!

That arvo I had a nap :) ooh..!
Then thursday night, i went out to dinner with mel and pete (jonty hadn't read my
email. oh well).
unfortunately we didn't find a 'steak shop', but instead went to gigi on swanston
st.
it's an alright place. although we started getting really annoyed at the large
group of girls who'd been to the races and were really annoying and loud.
i saw sally on the tram down (should go out with her...) sorry for not introducing.!
haha...
"nice to meet you sal". haha. that didn't even embarrass me, it just made me amused
and laugh!

and then when we were eating our meal, i was looking around (as i do) and saw tom
(piano tom) hehe! he saw me and came over and sat down with us for a little while.
and yes, i did the introduction, thank you very much! but see, you've heard lots
about him..!

we walked around the city abit trying to look for dessert. i suggested max brenner
because we were already in the city. we didn't end up having dessert there, but it
was so worth it just to walk in and smell the shop. seriously, it's like, you smell
and breathe chocolate. wow.
we went to the QV one, and it's situated on the 'top', where there are these funky
restaurants/cafes/bars etc. around this fairly open space, where it'd be perfect
to hold a massive party :) hehe. i could see it. it'd be totally awesome.

then we went to the International Cake store, next to stalactites, which i've
incidentally never been to..! mel bought some cake.
we wondered some more.
we couldn't really decide...
so then, i suggested we walk up lygs..and get gelate :) which we did.
we went la casa (because we went to freddo's last time)
pete was so impressed that we'd made a decision. haha. like he did...*scoff!*
haha. just kidding :)

anyway......so mel came home with us....talked a bit to her.
then talked to eddie about.....music/living/myo stuff. hehe. fun times.

so, on thursday night i felt incredibly relieved. it was good to have prac over and
done with, because i think i was ready to just get it done. as for how much work
there was there probably could have been more, could have played a little better.
but oh well. anne and amy enjoyed it - that was worth a lot to me (not that my other
friends didn't or didn't tell me, but i guess becuase it's anne and amy. they them-
selves are amazing pianists. almost not so, because they're friends, but it's kinda
like...people like ewen, michael b-r and michael d. don't talk to people like me,
because they are just amazing themselves, and don't. Anyway..)
Holtham was surprised that I started with the ravel. actually, so was i in a way (if
i was examining me, that is...) but oh well. whatever! haha.

alright...the next post awaits...(update about friday..)

No comments: