Wednesday, December 06, 2006

wow!

I just came home from the Julian Rachlin (vln) and Itamar Golan (pno) concert that I won free tickets (through the ABC) to. It was amazing.
I went with Jas, we had really good seats! And I even got a free programme, thus having no need to really fork out anything for the night. Pretty sweet.
It was such a good concert. I think I was speechless for a little while! They played two encores at the end, which were amazing.
It was a good night :)

I went to an employment agency today to register and all.
Apparently my skills tests were really good (well, the results were, anyway). And I did pretty well on the Word and Excel tests, even though I've hardly ever used some of the things they asked me to do. And my alphanumeric skills are like, off the radar of a normal person. Apparently the normal, average person gets something like 600-800 keystrokes per hour. I got 12 300. That is abnormal. Hehe. All good. Probably because I spend wayy too much time at the computer hehe. :P Well, at least all those people I talk to on msn, and write emails too (sometimes very long!) - that has all helped my typing, I assure you!

I also called up Harro today, to ask about the possibility of staging a concert/recital thingy at St Mary's. He said that January or February was a bit too early (sorry, T, D & C)...but was willing to think about the middle of the year. And that we could work on it. And he thinks that Mrs T would be willing to support it. The only thing it'd cost is electricity, so basically at no extra expense to the school...and being an Old Girl and what not...! It would be....wrangled sounds bad, but essentially that's it. But in a good way.
And then Harro suggested perhaps playing at Recital Night. And then I mentioned about a bass who's thinking of coming over. And he said "What about vocal night?" Perhaps Nick could sing at vocal night? Just as like, a guest artist thing..? In addition to his own recital? It'd be kinda cool. :)

Anyway, they're just ideas and potentials at the present moment. As for a recital in Jan/Feb, I'm still looking for a place. It's looking kinda hard, if we don't want to fork out a lot of money. Particularly if my friends are coming over, either by plane, or driving over. It's going to cost a lot there. And I'm not willing to fork out a fortune either.

No comments: