Monday, December 18, 2006

an update

So, during the week, I actually have full access to a very fast computer with very fast internet.
The downside? I hear you ask.
It's at work.
Where I'm not going to blog, nor check my personal emails. Pooh.

Where do you work? I hear you ask another question.

At the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection.
In the Consumer and Industry (or something like that) section. More particularly, in the Building and Tenancy section.

Okay, roll your eyes now. Or laugh.
At least I'm getting paid!
Work is from 8.30 to 5 every day, with a one hour lunch break.
It's a fairly ok environment to work.
And I'm doing a job that is specifically the 'Administration Support Officer'. And my supervisor just told me today that I'm actually kinda important, particularly in relation to opening files (because they aim for a three day turnaround. Pity I haven't had training to use the software yet..I will tomorrow.)
So, I do data entry, type letters (using a template), filing, stuffing envelopes (LOTS of them!) etc. Which is ok.

So yeah, that might explain my downtime here for a while. But you guys can live with that.
I'm supposed to be there till the 29th, but they have somebody else actually to do the job (because I'm a temporary for somebody) on the 10th of Jan, so my supervisor told me that if I want to work till 9th Jan, I can do it. Which is pretty darn cool.
Yay for pay!

No comments: