Saturday, October 07, 2006

wow!

yep, so i just got back from going to The Idea of North concert at chapel off chapel.

WOW
I know i say this all the time. but it was an AMAZING concert!
the full report will come later,
but briefly, they did a whole heap of tracks from their new album "The Gospel Project". it was amazing.
They also did some from their previous cd, Evidence (including No More Blues, and Just Kidding - v. complex!) as well as the Toupe song (is that how you spell it..?!), the jazz sax one (with 7000 words about a mouse....!), they did Isn't She Lovely as one of the three encore songs. I think I nearly cried. I thought it couldn't get better, but it did!
They even did my shower song!!! (Yep, I even leant over to sam and whispered very excitedly, "This is my shower song!!". And he approved of it. Even said that it was a good anytime song..! haha)
The Gospel Project Band played, and they were awesome! I was worried that they would detract from the function of the group to sing a cappella, but they were great....they really did just support the main act, and we heard some great jazz!

I did end up buying their new CD, it's fantastic! Yes, and we were being all groupie, and got them to sign it, talk to them all individually, as well as having photos taken with them! :) (yep, sooo groupy! at least they remember us!) our next aim is for them to come to the con..! how amazing would that be?!?!?!

i met angus' sister tonight at the concert. (yay! now that i actually know who angus is and all..! and that we're all fans and all! hehe :P ) angus' family is actually perth..! it was very cool. mental note: angus' sister is Mary-Jane. i hope i won't forget..! i should actually go talk to angus myself haha.

some of us went out afterwards, got some coffee (or equivilent) then sat at the long tables at the city brunetti's and "did" speed-dating. Haha. not that it was really speed-dating, but it was fun to have to rotate through four guys and talk to them about....stuff. hehe.

anyway, it was amazing!!!

photos will hopefully come soon :) what an amazing night.....it was a fantsatic concert with great company......

to all those that came:
Sam (you organisatinal mastermind..! and my equally obsessive groupie..!)
Liz
Gina (you photo junkie you..! i love you for it though! :) )
Chris
Flick
Sam
Min
Jon
Kristen
Jacquie
Jenny
Xing
Nat

And all the associated friends who I have not listed....thank you all for sharing this amazing experience with me and I hope you had as much fun as i had....! we're most definitely going to their next melbourne appearance! :)

3 comments:

JC said...

I had fun, fun, heaps of fun...
Most certainly going to their next concert (maybe it'll be at the con?!) But yeah, whee! That was AWESOME! Thanks again! =)

Anonymous said...

IT WAS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes Gladz, def equally obsessed groupie!! *SCREAMS*!!!!!!!!! Yes I'm still excited even more so when I read recaps....okay I've just realised I've nothing substantive to add so I'll shut up now.....EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and we're going to their next melb gig for sure!!!! (just not tonight, much as I love em I need to get work and sleep done!!!!) xoO

gina said...

Haha.. I'm a cam-whorer and am proud of it! LOL. I just couldn't miss the opportunity of another photo op. with them. (I looked like crap in the photos the last time they came. Hehe..) Just had to be thick skinned!

How awesome was last night, though?!?! Seeing them live for the second time was even better than the first time!

I've sent you an email with the photo of you and Andrew attached to it.
Enjoy!

-Gina