Sunday, October 15, 2006

on this pleasant Sunday morning...

I went to the final concert of the Spring Early Music Festival last night...it was a concert presented by Early Voices, held at the Trinity College Chapel. It was a fantastic concert! I went with Lauren to see a couple of our friends sing. And I didn't even know that I knew so many people who sung in this ensemble! I had, earlier that day (while practicing piano..!) thought about auditioning for Early Voices next year. Because I really love singing, particularly music from this era (Renaissance and the Baroque), and I'm thinking of not doing Queen's Choir next semester, for reasons of time and not enough performances. (Don't get me wrong, it's challenging, but I'd like my challenges to have more to them!) Anyway, they were fantabulous. Highlights included seeing my friends sing solos (well, in ensembles too..!) and Nick hitting a low D with great conviction and resonance :)

Afterwards, Lauren and I talked for ages (with different people, as well as each other..!) We went to Ormond, we came to Queen's, we went back to Ormond. Haha. There are perks of living on campus, so close to each other! She said that the Christian singer, Rebecca St James, prayed and wrote letters to her future husband. I know, this seems like a weird concept. But while I'm in the mood, I thought it wasn't such a weird idea, that it was more interesting than anything else, and would be a good way of recounting things too. So.....let's give it a shot.....!

Dear Future Husband,

I hope you are well.
(What else am I supposed to start with?!?!) On this pleasant Sunday morning, I feel quite anti-social not doing much of the 2006 Queen's VD Day celebrations. I just can't bear to be surrounded by so many drunk people. I know some of them are still fairly in control; some of them are very nice people; some of them are very nice. But I have to look and think that they're wrecking their livers. And by the end of the day, they'll forget what happened. Only to not realise what they've done, to be repeated at another ocassion. This makes me sad, and feel quite deluded, really. Enough of disappointment.
Last night I went to a fantastic concert - Early Voices presented the final concert as part of the 2006 Spring Early Music Festival. I talked to a friend of mine from Newman. I really enjoy talking to him, because he's so passionate about music; he believes that music should be available to all - he's keen to organise a number of free concerts. He's almost an idealist - he loves music, art and poetry hehe. :P I suggested he might have been born in the wrong era, although he pointed out that if he lived then, he would've been labelled as one of those nutcases, and gone insane, probably throwing himself in the Rhine or something like that! I love that he's so enthusiastic - he's got lots of great things planned, like competing for the MYM Young Conductor's programme, winning awards and the like. I am in awe of him.
Anyway, enough of my enthusiastic friend!
This is a first - a random 'letter' to my future husband. Some may call it weird, eccentric, downright crazy. But most of all, it intrigues me. Because it allows me to wonder and speculate. I hope you're nice. Of course.. :P
But I hope you are honest, down-to-earth, trusting and loving. There are so many things...!
I hope you believe and live out the marriage vows that will be made. I hope you love God first. I hope you'll encourage me in my life. I hope you help me when I can't do things, or when it starts to get hard. I hope you don't get hideously drunk like the people on the floor above and I hope you don't start dropping dumbells like them. I hope you have a nice smile that warms my heart :) I hope you have that twinkle in your eye. And I hope you have a big heart.
And I hope you enjoy music :)

No comments: