Thursday, June 01, 2006

stuff

Semester teaching ended. Argh!!
Did 20:20. The photos are up on the web...if you want to see my average day, go to the Clickstreams (all Wyverns, you can still log in). If you want to see it, ask me for the link.

The two tutes went by quite uneventfully. Except for a number of magic tricks involving cards and strange looks of disbelief on my face! Pretty darn cool....maybe I should get into it through one of the clubs on campus.

Thursday was fantastic - two lectures cancelled (well, not that that's the main point, but you know, it gave me more time and that!). After Concert Class, the MSS held a pizza lunch informal function. It was heaps of fun, with the music and pizza going down HOT! Yes, I met somebody new. Which was fun. And yes, I was asked "Do you know the merengue?" Heck yes!! I didn't go to dance class for nothing. Haha. Anyway, the merengue didn't go quite as well as I'd learnt but it was still fun. The band was AWESOME (thanks to Dave!) and it was lots of fun. Went to Sinfonia that afternoon/evening. That was fun too :) Hah. But playing 2nd violin in the 'inside circle'...scary or what?!?! I don't think I'm cut out for it, but what the heck, it was fun!

Played background music for Rowing Dinner pre-drinks on Friday night before scooting off to Connect. Was awesome to hang out and eat pizza :) Had a good chat to a number of people..it's nice being able to meet a wide range of people at stuff...although inevitably with me, lots of it revolves around music...! :) Oh well. I unfortunately missed the Early Music concert, in which four friends were performing. You just can't win can you? The photos look beautiful though! I wish I was there!! Maybe I shall have to take one of those ensembles sometime....

Saturday morning had the Ravel G Major piano concerto in 'Keys to Music'. It was FANTSATIC to hear that piece again, and deconstructed, then put together again! :) Just lovely. :D :D

Went shopping Sunday morning, in attempt to buy shoes....that clearly failed, although I picked up Mendelssohn's "Leider ohne Worte" for piano for less than $20 at the Allan's sale. Fantastic :) Then there was a live broadcast at 3pm on ABC radio from the Iwaki Auditorium from the Arts Centre in Melbourne, where Helen, Anna, Josie & Craig Hill played Messian's "Quartet for the End of Time". Just amazing....it was beautiful. It was also nice to actually know and have met the people that played (apart from the clarinettist. Oh well...The rest, I have. :) )

Monday night we went to Manchester Lane at night to see the Faculty of Music Big Band & SuperSax play the end-of-semester concert. No cover charge, a chance to hear some awesome music, support fellow musicians and to hang out....and be seen by the Con :) Hehe. :P I did see people I knew, which was awesome!

And in the days from Friday-Tuesday (night), I managed to write a 2000-word essay titled 'Assimilation and re-contextualisation: History and politics in the music of Bulgaria'. I even got involved and started listening to Bulgarian pop over the internet. It was FANTASTIC! I think I'm really getting into this musicology and research thing, even so far as to say I'm into the Ethnomusicology thing!!!! :) :) Hehe.
Had an MSS meeting on Tuesday that went for too long. But we have the music ball underway...

24TH AUGUST. Be there. Coz it will be FANTASTIC!!!!!

Had a piano lesson yesterday which went quite well. I just have lots of practice to do. Not that it should surprise me, or anybody. But that's not the point.

Right, back to the study, a bit more before I have to head to meet somebody. Lots of stuff has happened. Perhaps now is not the time to list them all....but there have been some good, some bad, some BLAH. whatever.

peace out. Or however they say it....

No comments: