Friday, June 16, 2006

Feelings of loss

As I walked to uni today, the sun shone but it was still cold. Just perfect.
The path that is so familiar seemed so new - no classes mean no reason to go to uni. Fair enough.

I started thinking about the people who won't be walking this path anymore. People leaving. That's sad. Not because I feel like I'm being left behind, but because I'm content with the current situation. We get comfortable and unwilling to change. In this instance, I might call it symptoms of sadness.

Close friends are leaving...
Mel, Adrienne

Shock: Michael is leaving for three years to go to London to take up a PhD scholarship at KCL. Which is totally amazing, but THREE YEARS! And he's leaving this September.

Exchange students: the sad part about exchange is the leaving. Because you build amazing friendships which are only possible through exchange. Then have to leave them.

No comments: