Wednesday, April 19, 2006

By popular demand

Ok, by "popular" I mean one person. That's not the point.
So, back home in Perth. I get the comment "What are you doing here?" Oh yay, thanks....the answer to that is "I'm just here for the one-week Easter break. Yes, just one week. My mum booked my flights. Either way she's paying for flights or accommodation."
So, Friday was rather hectic. I thought on Thursday night that I could sleep in. Alas, no! A 10am service for Good Friday reminded me that I was going home REAL SOON. The service went for a while...2 hours. I didn't realise it'd be that long!
I was described earlier that morning in terms of toasties....a tomato and cheese toastie was my type (thanks, Bambi). Something about being simple yet classic. You know, everybody wants a piece of me, everybody wants to eat me. Yeah............................
Anyway, Funky drove us (Mel and me with Renee also coming along for the ride) to the Tullamarine airport. Which was really really nice of him. Nearly left my phone in my room...would have been INCREDIBLY stupid! Of course, I was real stressed. I am naturally stressed. Whatever. I thought I was going to be very late. Thankfully, there were those self check-in terminal thingos. What fun! But what a full flight.....why everybody wanted to be going to Perth was totally beyond me. The lady next to me asked me this (had a nice chat to her!) and we put it down to two things: 1) all the Perth people heading home after the Rolling Stones concert or 2) people heading back home to Perth for Easter (like me).
Our flight was so full that they had mountains of paperwork. The pilot didn't feel comfortable flying the specified route, so we had to re-route the entire flight. PLus complete extra paperwork. So, our flight was delayed a WHOLE HOUR! Yes, we sat on the plane for an additional hour. What boredom. So, Funky needn't have rushed, I needn't have stressed myself out. Oh well.

So, being at home has been quiet (as my life in Perth tends to be). I've been doing mostly work...have slept quite a lot. Been given yucky herbal teas by mum in order to try get better (I claim they just make me feel sick). We had lunch with our cousins on Sunday. It was nice....there are only a few times a year that all the cousins are together, at home, at any given time. We gotta make full use of that kind of time.

Went shopping yesterday....got a pair of white heels (to go with green dress...couldn't find silver shoes, I think white is quite versatile...can wear with several things, such as skirts and pants that I already own, so hopefully will find good use for them). Have to think about a 21st present for Amy...anybody got any ideas??? Tried to get a few books out of the State Library of WA (which you can borrow some things from). Found out that I can't (well, those two books anyway). Got really annoyed. One Tim Rice book is the only one in WA....and I can't even borrow it for a week. Pooh. That really annoys me.

Am making a Plane CD#2 with fave tracks of the moment....yes, they centre around Jamie Cullum, Mark Sholtez but also include other songs I have heard live, including some by The Idea of North. Have also put the Numa Numa Song. Just for kicks. Hehe. :P

But next week, I was thinking of heading down to VicHarbour Restarurant and Bar, to have $12 roast (or other meal that isn't too expensive) and hearing Eran James play. If you're interested, please let me know. I'd like to have some compnay....and I don't currently have a date. :P Hehe.

Right, back to some real work.....(getting bored with Bulgaria assignment. Managed to do half of Econometrics Assignment #3 last night...stayed up till 2am playing around with Equation Editor...grrr!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe do i have that much of an impact on you?? =)

Anonymous said...

Can I just ask, randomly (I haven't been here for ages!), don't you find Perth awkwardly quiet now? I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back - gotten used to a crazy London life!

Have fun back in Melbourne!