Saturday, March 04, 2006

One week down!

So, we've had a week of uni already!
It has been SOOO busy!!!
The end of O'Week was nice....when all the freshers went on camp and we kinda had most of the college to ourselves...it was the quiet before the storm! As all the seniors started moving back in on the weekend, my excitement levels started so climb as I anticipated seeing everybody again!

It is fantastic to be back and seeing old faces and lots of new ones too! On Sunday night, we all headed down to Pugg's to have a catch-up, which was really cool. Met lots of freshers, although I'm pretty sure that I have forgotten some of them and I'm sure it is the other way too!

Classes started....and this week I've had all my classes, none of that "first week no tutes" thing. Pity.....

Had a music lesson, where I have LOTS to prepare...like about 12 pages (1 pg each of each component) of 6 Bach Preludes & Fugues. And a number of etudes, of which I cannot find a few. I am going to be slaughtered on Monday. Oh well.

Missed out on lunch on Tuesday (ok, a sandwich...), which will be a recurring theme every week on Tuesdays AND Thursdays, which I am very disappointed about. Oh well. Some things just can't be helped, can they?

Wednesday night was Commencement Dinner & Turn. It was SUCH A GREAT NIGHT!!! Obviously being black tie was nice (as the dressing up goes!)....and as always, Eakins was dressed up. Everybody looked hot (as they do at these kind of functions!) and I got to meet a whole heap of freshers, whic was good. Scholarship winners were announced, we congratulated them with great gusto and went on to the JCR to enjoy fine conversation and then to the turn to dance the night away! Again, met heaps of really great freshers - I'm really excited about this year!

Had a Jude's muzak practice on Thursday night, after which we went out for pizza for 'group bonding'. Hahahhaa. I'm really looking forward to playing with everybody on Sunday...hopefully it'll all go well....!

Yesterday arvo we had a picnic for Gowri's 21st (ok, which was in February...!) What a plan!!! We finally managed to pull the entire thing off...without her knowing or suspecting! What a pleasant afternoon in the Systems Gardens, playing games, eating fine food and drinking "champagne"!

Went out for Judy's 21st last night. 13 of us headed down to Chinatown to help her celebrate (the actual day being Sunday). Seriously, it must be the case that when we go out, half of 1J goes out too! Ran into some freshers going out for another birthday on the same night! Most of 3N watched in amazement as we trickled out of Johnson wing as I thought "Yep, we're going out!" It was an awesome dinner....we ate as if we hadn't eaten real food in about a month. We headed down to Fed Sq to hang out for a while....it's a really nice place! I know many Melbournians are conservative and believe Fed Sq to be ugly, but I personally think it's very unique and definitely draws people to it. Anyway, we tried to go to Robot, this bar place thing in Flinders Lane but it was too packed so we decided to visit the bottle shop and head home to have a corridor sit.

What a corridor sit we had! Kenneth managed to polish off a quarter of a bottle of vodka, of which he is still feeling the effects. Min had priceless quotes. CY sang with great emotion. And we ate all them junky foods that college students eat. And managed to get in the way of a number of people trying to walk through our corridor. That's alright :)

Anyway...I should get back to work....
That is my week so far! I hopefully will put up pictures soon....(once I get them from other people!)
ciao!

No comments: