Thursday, March 16, 2006

it's been a while...

I apologise for the lack of posts. Purely because I have been HIDEOUSLY busy.
So, 1J is going really well. We haven't hung a Chinese lantern, but that's ok! CY has cooked for us and we've all enjoyed sitting around eating delights that Eakins does not offer! So, we eat communally, wash the dishes together, and have "Toothbrush Parties" (as A likes to put it..!)

It's nice having lots of friends around, where it's ok to leave my door open almost all the time...and to get my work done, I really have to shut myself up! However, it is also really nice to have friends living in other parts of the college, where I have to walk through a variety of places to get there! Mind you, anybody walking through 1J or peeking in when we are having a massive corridor sit (quite often, mind you!) is very welcome to join us in our very random conversations, or also tend to look at us very strangely and wonder where we have all this time!

So, uni is busy busy busy. I have assignments piling up. There is one each for three of my subjects - Music & Ideas (polyphonic folk singing of the Pirin region of Bulgaria/bordering on Macedonia - specifically, the hadjuk - guerilla fighter - songs. Which I had a revelation about yesterday in the Numa Numa song. For real, watch the American guy's video WITH subtitles); Intro Econometrics (assignment using eViews - yuk - and proving something - that's ok) and Business in the Global Economy (recommeding the top three market opportunities out of a given eleven for The Wiggles to expand to, based on a number of economic, demographic and other factors). And that's not even counting how little I've practiced! We're working forward very much, in preparation for a stellar programme for semester 2. I still have that Bach Prelude and Fugue plus and etude (I'm doing 2 Chopin etudes!?!?!?!) for this semester!

See? Busy. Argh!!!!!

We had a soiree on Monday night - it went well.....I played Massenet's Meditation as well as accompaniment for Jacquie's clarinet solo (Weber's Concerto in F - a very cool piece. Those of you who remember a SMAGS assembly with Luisa playing clarinet...that was also the Weber, although it was the 2nd & 3rd movts then).

Did I mention the events of a few weeks ago?

First week back, we had Commencement Dinner & Turn. A very successful night.....we all looked hot (photos still pending....must nick some from some friends..!) Scholarships were announced, we danced the night away at the turn afterwards to some....interesting.....music!

The 1st GM was last week....it went for a good FOUR HOURS. And it's compulsory to go, unless you have written an apology in rhyme (no kidding) or want to foot a fine. Anyway, lots of matters to be discussed, but 40 motions was pushing it too far...considering only about 5 of them were serious. A hideous waste of my time, interspersed with bouts of funny bits. Sigh.

We played at Jude's a while back....as the music team of course. We rocked :) Haha. It's QCWT again, with a few changes (most notably, the ring-ins. It's alright....we still love them)

So, I have spent enough time away from my dreaded assignments (which I'm not really sure HOW they are going....urgh).

Back to it...

p.s. anybody know how to put videos on blogs?

No comments: