Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Things on the inside that make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside...

I am seriously taken aback and quite surprised when a musician I know, respect and admire (usually for their talent, among other things) tells me "You are an amazing musician. You are really good." I often don't believe them. While I understand their intentions are all good, I still find it amazing that they might actually think that I'm good. I know my friends tell me this and it's nice to hear it, but it's even more amazing when somebody far better tells me that. It definitely makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Speaking of other warm and fuzzy feelings, I find myself being attracted to people whom I share that something intangible with. Not that all my friends don't make me feel all warm and fuzzy, but there are some people outside normal friendship groups that I feel I have some sort of intangible, special relationship with. And this is what I base this friendship on. I suspect most of them don't know that I value this friendship immensely and that I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside when they say Hi or do something nice. They should know, but that may take away from that very personal feeling that I have. It's nice to know, or at least think that these special little emotions can bring so much joy.

On a non-warm-and-fuzzy-feeling-on-the-inside, I ran into the VM a few times today who commented that I looked "glum" today. Not cool. Maybe the stress is really showing on my face. Maybe it's because of those two blasted assignments. Although I daresay it would have been more glum if I hadn't shopped for two pairs of earrings this morning, one being large silver treble clefs, which made me feel slightly nutty but very music-y!

No comments: