Thursday, February 09, 2006

A recurring theme...

Yeah, I finished work. Like, the job was supposed to take two days, but it's over in 1.5 days. I keep getting told by mum to "Work slower" (translated to "be less efficient!") but fast is the only way I know how to do it! It's a pity, because my pay is based on how many hours I do. Oh well.

Checking in on my driving status: I've finished my 25 hrs of supervised driving (I've actually done 27!) and I think I'm going to take my test tomorrow. It's this silly Hazard Perception Test, where I have to watch this simulation on a screen and click when it is safe to complete a task, such as turn, overtake, slow down etc. It's incredibly unrealistic, because as soon as you click, the video stops. Now, in real life, as you'd no doubt be aware of, when one drives and turns/overtakes/slows down etc, one completes the manouvere in a gradual manner - the world around the driver does not stop. Now tell me how unrealistic that is!

And other exciting news in my life...

I have been writing emails to a whole heap of old friends and stuff, and it's exciting to get replies! Like from the German exchange student who came to our music class in Yr 12 - what an AWESOME clarinet player! Pity I was such a bad emailler!
Or like the two girls from Westover who are in Australia for a GAP year - one of them is at St Mary's and I'm meeting up with her soon-ish! The other is in Bathurst, but hopefully I'll be able to go to Sydney, or she'll come down to Melbourne!

There are girls from St Mary's heading to Melbourne next year - one is heading to Medley Hall (she's taking Music-voice, at the Con), there are two who are studying Law/Commerce at Melbourne as well: one is living with her sister in an apartment, and one is at St Hilda's (should be interested for her...! I called the college some not-so-endearing terms...!) Even so, it's quite exciting to be building quite a cohort of Old Girls up in Melbourne, especially nice because it's girls within what, 4 years of each other? It's cool.

Anyway, I'm off to go home now......I definitely think I deserve a sleep-in tomorrow; it's the first day in about 3 weeks that I haven't gone to work, so that should be good. Going to catch 'Walk the Line' tomorrow night...should be good! (Ok, Tyler Hilton is in it as Elvis. I actually don't like Elvis all that much. And that - Tyler Hilton - is not why I'm seeing the movie. The lead actors got Golden Globes. It must mean it's good. And the movie is about music. And I like Reese Witherspoon. And I'm interested in their singing, on film. But, I'll see how good the music from the film is - determines whether or not I buy the soundtrack, as Mel tells me, Tyler Hilton has 2 songs on there.....!!)

Right...
Adios!
Ciao!
Sayonara!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey Gladys!
Just found ur blog via Nishma's blog. So ur in Melbourne? Awesome! Hope all's good with you. :) Just wanted to say hi!
Kim L