Monday, January 01, 2007

feeling a bit poorer..

Why?
Because I worked so that I could earn, so that I could buy stuff.
And I did!

I bought Switchfoot's new album, 'Oh! Gravity' on Saturday, which was on sale, so it only set me back $21.21. Pretty good, considering it's a new album and all!
Can't wait for them to come back to Australia - I know I'm anticipating it eagerly!

This was after Friday and having lunch with our rellies on Saturday.
I got sent home a bit early on Friday, because there really wasn't any more work to do. Meh smeh.
My mum got a bit of a shock when I told her I was coming home then.
We went shopping at Harbour Town on Friday night. It was quite tiring, to tell you the truth. I tried on lots and lots of clothes, but there was something wrong with most of them (ie. they didn't fit in all the right places etc) but I did end up buying a skirt. :)
Unfortunately, that was our only purchase, apart from mum's first Subway experience.

So, on Saturday, I slept in :)
But not too much, because we had lunch with my aunt and uncle and cousin at 12, at their place.
My cousin (one of them) left for London on Saturday night, so it was the last chance we had to spend with him for a while. He's going to be working in London, and living with his sister so I can't wait till I get the chance to go visit them!
It was really nice - we had dim sum; who knew there could be so much food? And it was all really really yummy!

Anyway..........
yeah, so not much REALLY happened......

except for my massive purchase of a DIGITAL CAMERA yesterday!
Yup, I've been looking for one for ages...and I really wanted to buy one for myself, after promising that it'd be one of the first things I buy after I work and save up.
We went to Harvey Norman, where they're having this massive sale. It's a Nikon camera, 3x zoom, i think 4 megapixels (about average, I guess!), came with the battery charger for the 2 Ni-MH batteries it gave me. It's got video record function, with sound. Also bought a memory card, 512mb; got the total set for $213, which I think is a great bargain. Also considering that the camera was on sale, and originally cost $298. I was actually looking at another camera, but decided against it (Canon powershot) because it was a tad bulky, and would have cost me more to get all the stuff.

And that's really why I'm feeling a bit poorer. I spent $213 all in one go. I don't think I've done anything like that before... oops!
Oh well, I'm quite excited with my new toy! So cool photos, here I come! Hehe :P

back to work tomorrow.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got a digital camera?? that's so cool :) despite the fact that I always did like the fact that you had a film camera.. now you have BOTH!

Anonymous said...

geek!

gina said...

Wow! I haven't visited your blog for quite some time now. I'm so out of the loop. Where do you work and what do you do?

-Gina

Anonymous said...

yay for the digicam!! and "oh dear" in advance for the exhorbitant amount of photos I just know you're going to be taking with it....hehehe...ooh!!...no wait I'll leave that teasing-comment I was just about to say for a less public forum!! ;) luv xoO