Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On holidays

So, I officially finished work yesterday.
I even got to go home early (obviously not being paid for it).
Managed to get my supervisor/boss/manager to consent to being a referee for me, which is good.
I got a pot plant from the B&T Branch, which was nice.
At the end, I was standing in my supervisor's/boss'/manager's office, with basically, four of my supervisors (the Director of ICS, the superviros/boss/(acting) manager, the (acting) co-ordinator of concilliation, and the co-ordinator of bonds administration) feeling a tad bit intimidated, but kinda pleased that I got to work for them all. As I said good-byes and thanks. It was kinda weird, but kinda cool.
But alas, I am going back to university soon, so that "I can get a better job.....no offence or anything." I actually said that to my supervisor/boss/manager. Who didn't take offence. He totally agreed, saying, "Well, yes, you wouldn't want to be doing that job forever, it'd drive you bonkers.' Yes, yes, it would, particularly if I had that many printing issues, or had to stuff that many envelopes...

On Monday, after work, my brother and mum picked me up and we went to our aunt and uncle's place to get some final instructions about taking care of their apartment and the like. Then we went out for dinner at a Vietnamese place, which was really yummy! (Okay, so some stuf, I probably didn't need to know what it was, but oh well...)

My flight to Melbourne has been booked already, leaving at about 9am on Tuesday 13th February, will be looking for somebody to hopefully pick me up, but I guess I'll send an email out later...I'll think about it later...

So, my aunt has set me the task of making Portugese custard/egg tarts...I think I'll make a little trial batch this afternoon, and inspired by Gina (http://dreamqueen.blogspot.com), I shall take photos of my culilnary experiment.

Gosh, I kinda miss work already....there now remains little reason for me to get up in the mornings, although I do like sleeping in past 6.30am, I'll tell you that!

On Saturday, we (mum and I) went out for lunch at The Pines Buffet (at Observation City, in Scarborough) with Flick and her mum. It was really nice to catch up with them! I drove (haha..) although it wasn't too bad! (Flick reckons it was quite good, actually!) Stayed for lunch for a while, talked for ages. Then decided to try go dress-shopping and went to Claremont. Unfortunately, the previous Thursday, I had tried on three dresses, but they unfortunately didn't fit in all the right places, or weren't the right colour. Pooh. And in Claremont, I was quite unfortunate too, because they didn't fit right either. Double pooh. I'm still looking though! I have to have a dress.....see, I figured that perhaps I would take cues from Gilmore Girls, because they dress so well. And they're cute! Haha.

So, I also made a list of New Years Resolutions. Perhaps I'll post them later...

Am trying to figure out my uni timetable....have got most of it down-pat, and will be looking to sign up the entire Techs class (if they consent!) to a similar tute time. Whaddaya know, Monday 10am of 2006 was amazing :P
Anyway...I think I'm off to bake this arvo, and to basically mooch around. I unfortunately don't have a car this afternoon, so will be unable to meet Jac. Which is a pity, because she's flying out tomorrow! If I don't see her, I'm really really sorry!!!!

Ooh, and my brother and I went to see the Bond movie yesterday (yep, Tuesdays for $8, that is cheap here..!). It was good. I kinda understand what they mean by Daniel Craig being the new Bond and the whole 'women want their man looking like that'. Not that I necessarily agree with it, but, wow, he is an attractive man! Haha.

Okay, I'm done.....

No comments: