Monday, September 04, 2006

Monday mornings

I love my Monday mornings, I think.
I'll tell you why. Because I usually have a good Sunday night (although it is often very busy). Then i do this early morning thing to practice. And ther'es nothing quitelike having music as your first thing for the day. (Although this morning I started getting really hungry in the middle of Ravel...)
Then I go for my 10am Techniques 1-2 tute. Of so many classes I have taken, this is definitely one of my favourites.
I'll tell you why.
I have cool people in my tute. Tim is an awesome lecturer and tutor, we have awesome students in my tute. Not just students who really get what they're doing, but students who are lots of fun.
For example, we have established that monday 10am is the best tute. Although apparently we're being let down by people who are getting only A+, rather than S (the highest grade for an assignment). but they're totally capable of it.
then we talk about random stuff. them boys have so many random stories. for example, i learnt about stuffing a bird into a blazer pocket.....then the teacher having a heart attack. who knew?
(poor bird..)
and then there's the constant "we're the best class!" and then encouraging each other on. and then the random discussions about other random stuff..
all this while being productive, no kidding. it's fantastic.
and the time between 10am and 11am class (let's call it 10.55-11.05) is the perfect time to be around in the con on a monday morning, because i run into a whole heap of musos that i know. it's wonderful. my entire con social life could possibly be carried out on a monday morning! brilliant!
i'll tell you, i'll really miss this class after i'm done with it; i'm that attached to it..

No comments: