Thursday, May 04, 2006

The lowdown...

So, Saturday night.
I'm sorry I haven't filled in the blanks yet, but I guess this is the time!

So, after feeling incredibly anxious about how this birthday bash was going to go, I got up early (yes, 8am by that Ormond clock tower...) and lay around in bed for a good hour and a half doing, I don't know what. Whatever. Had to get all my work done and start getting ready for the big night!

Yes, I attemped to curl my hair. And yes, my hair doesn't really curl per se; it kinda just turns out into wavy bits. Meh...I was happy with that! (We'll just cut to the exciting bit here...)

Started getting ready about two hours before I wanted to head out...started 'curling' hair...couldn't leave my room for a little while, for fear of looking like a COMPLETE idiot. Well, I did...and got a couple of strange looks. Oh well. Sam came over, gave me advice and hung out. We headed down to Milan on Lygon St.

Yes, I was very anxious about what was going to happen. There wasn't much planned or anything. And the group of people were fairly odd-ball. I don't say that in a dismissive manner, just noticing that not everybody knows everybody. While the majority of people were from Queen's, a lot of people don't really talk to everybody else usually and there were others too, such as Wyverns and some uni friends and friends from other places. Unfortunately, not everybody could come (we had booked out a good section of the restaurant..! Complete with the sectioned-off rope-y thing!), but a good 33 people came along at some part of the night! We ate so well, got to catch up with people we hadn't seen for a while, meet new people and the like. The night went very well.

Thank you to all for helping me celebrate in style! Your wishes, pressies, hugs and the like are all appreciated!

Photos from Min (and Mel!) above...Thanks guys! If anybody has any other photos from that night, can you please send them to me?!

No comments: