Thursday, May 04, 2006

The busy week #427

So, having stressed about the Econometrics assignment since the Easter holidays, it is finally done and handed in. That does not mean that it wasn't stressful right till the point we dropped it in the box!

Jess and I were working on it and this silly computer software programme would not let us conduct a hypothesis test (funky, intelligent way of saying, carrying out the function, or more simply, do what the question asked us to do). We finally figured it out after 4 Online Tutor questions, various complaints to each other and to other friends (which I'm sure some of you can attest to..!), asking the lecturer (who didn't have much to say...), asking a number of other students who take the subject, then finally being shown how to do it (and make sure we don't get an error message) by my uni tutor. There have got to be downsides to not having a college tutor.

Anyway, I was working on the last of that assignment while Queen's Ball 2006: Goat for Pedro pre-drinks were happening. All I cared about was getting that darn thing done so I wouldn't have to worry about it later!

All was well, though.

So, it was time to PAR-TAY!!!

Half the girls on our corridor and some other friends had all, not intentionally nor at the same time, bought dresses in similar colours - think green, blue, aqua and turquoise, as the new black. No kidding (as soon as I get my hands on those photos, they're going up! You all will have to see!) It was an amazing night, to see everybody and catch up with them and to boogie it down and party with 250 of your closest (college) friends! It was heaps of fun - lots of people to meet, to talk to, to take photos with. Again, if you have any photos, please send them to me!! :)

The Queeners, the Wyverns, the friends of aforementioned people, the Randoms (heh) were all there to make the atmosphere awesome. So, I shall let the photos speak for themselves when I get them....

No comments: