Saturday, April 21, 2007

things from the past...

So, a few weeks ago, I listened to a programme on ABC radio about the wandering mendiant monks in Japan. Who wore baskets on their heads. Who were like exiled ex-samuri masters. Who played shakuhachi. And who developed the repertoire for this instrument.
It was wonderful to re-learn all this.

And I went to the NGV with my family last week, and although we didn't get to see the entire museum, we did go to the Studying collection. Or something like that.
And I saw a painting or something which depicted or was at least part of the Ramayana Hindu epic. The story was on the little plaque that tells the context of the 'artefact'. It was totally cool that I knew what this was about.

And I've also come to the realisation, although I think I knew this a while ago, that if I like somebody, I sometimes shy away from giving them attention (to their face). It even manifests itself in not looking into their eyes. Just in case, just somehow, they could possibly look into mine and see that I like them. Silly, but that's how it goes. On the other hand, not to their face, they often receive a lot of good words from me! But you'd have to go to my friends for those...

So, briefly, the family visiting was nice. Unfortunately, had an assigment due that week, and had lots of piano practice to do, so I was basically coming into uni/Queen's every day. But I still got to spend time with them, which was good. We ate out almost every day - wow! The apartment was a bit squishy, but oh well. It was nice to see them. They really enjoyed Melbourne, and by the sounds of it, it would seem that my dad would be all too enthusiastic about moving here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gladys don't worry I'm the same!! XD I can't really look in the eyes of a person I like either. This usually backfires on me though, cause then they think that I don't like them or don't want to get to know them when it's actually totally the opposite way round. ;_;