Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Idea of North!

I know, I didn't even post up photos from my birthday, and that was last week!
But the reason is because there are about 170 photos from that, and I'm trying to sort through them all.
Alas, stuff is out of order! But here are pictures from tonight's concert by The Idea of North!
It was yet another great night out - and we weren't late this time (woohoo!)
They weren't launching a CD or anything, so there was a good mix of older and new-ish stuff.
The fill-in soprano is doing a great job - she fits in really well! And she's doing very well, 35 songs since December..? Very grand effort!
Her renditions in the Aretha Franklin song as well as 'Revelation' were particularly excellent.

Enough of pseudo-reviews....
Here are a couple of pictures!



Emma, Min, Tim, Naomi, me, Lauren




Naomi, Sally, me, Andrew, Nick (they're not actually all my height ie. short..
they were very kind :) )

3 comments:

gina said...

No fan-crazy long-as review?? I'm crushed! I've been working on mine since last night haha.. It's still not up yet!
See you Monday!

xoxo
Gina

gina said...

I finally finished posting about TION. It's such a long entry! Haha..
How has your weekend been so far? I'm sure you're keeping busy. I should really take a leaf out of your book. =)

xoxo
Gina

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify: The chase was based off a classic jazz chart "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing". And the "jazz tune" they launched into mid-Bach was actually the theme from the Muppet Show!

Love the review!! Yes yes it was an absolutely awesome night!!! Bummed I couldn't stay and meet/greet/photo etc - must do next concert!! Which I hope many of you will be around for!!! *SQUEELS AND GENERAL EXCITEMENT FOR TION!!!!!!!*

love xoO