Monday, July 24, 2006

uni starts

i really am crazy. i'm taking six subjects this semester. But officially, i am still only doing 50 points.
my subjects are as follows:
*Practical study 2-2 (you know, piano playing)
*Organisational Behaviour (this is compulsory for me..)
*Music Techniques 1-2 (harmony, theory etc.)
*Ensemble 1-2, for which I am going to play in Sinfonia (the faculty 2nd orchestra, whch concentrates on reading through large amounts of repertoire)
*Group Music skills, for which I am in a Brass Class, and I'm learning the french horn! (i'm really excited, i just got my form today for the hiring of an instrument, i just need a few signatures and stuff, then pay the money, and then i get the instrument!! i've been telling everybody that i'm learning a new instrument haha!)
* impressionism to post-modernism. i'm taking this class not-for-credit. it's a core music history subject for regular bmus students, just not me....(combined degree...) and i think it'll be really interesting, which is why i'm taking it anyway.

i still have about 16 contact hours, which is less than some people. i technically have wednesdays off, but my piano lesson will probably be on that day. oh well. pity about no actual days off! i can cope, i think!

plus, i'll be playing in the Inter-Collegiate orchestra, the first rehearsal is this friday afternoon. i'm excited and a bit nervous, because i'm leading it (at least for this rehearsal...eep!)

i haven't gotten all my books quite yet...

i'm not really sure what to expect and all, but hopefully it'll all go well..*fingers crossed!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo, g'luck with ur french horn learning/playing!!! :)

funfunfun!

xx

Anonymous said...

I want to hear this french horn playing after a few weeks :-)