Thursday, July 06, 2006

the two-day update

And I was afriad I was going to fail BIGE.
So I was pleasantly surprised to find something very different! Which you know, is all good and all!
And thank goodness for my Music & Ideas mark, which significantly improves my average!

So, the two-day update.

Had an appointment today with the doctor's. (No, not the men in white coats, this is a dermatologist, and she's a very nice lady! With no white coat. She had pearls though, which were very pretty. I should have said something complimentary to her about them, but alas, I didn't. Oh well.) Then went shopping with mum. Got some sneakers; I was debating between two pairs. Maybe I should have bought them both. Then taken some digital pictures of them and sent them round for opinions. I know I shouldn't care too much about what other people think, but I do. I think it's a human complex. And I sometimes like other people's opinions, they give interesting insights that often I wouldn't have thought of.

So, I don't have a picture of my shoes at the present moment. But hopefully I like them enough! I've gone kinda left-field. I know I wanted Converse-styld sneakers, you know, old-school style. I think that should be my style. You know, Old-School meets trendy and hip today. Classic with a modern twist. That should be my motto. That should extend to all areas of clothes, I think...! (You know, dress up, the elegant thing....!?! I could do an Audrey Hepburn, you know....? And in our stupid college photo, a couple of my friends said that our funeral procession was incredibly sombre, but that I looked like I was from Paris, you know, whimsical black and all. I like that.) So, these shoes are kinda football (soccer)-lookin' sneakers, obviously without the studs. I know a friend who would wear these kinda shoes, I like them....
So hopefully they turn out ok...!
Don't get me wrong, I am the last person you'd see on a football pitch. Or ground. Or whatever you call it. But you know, to go with my jeans and the like, they should do just fine.

Just more stuff to get:
black shoes, jeans (gah! I hate going jeans-shopping!!!!! They just never fit right in all the places. This includes the length, even if I get short-length jeans. Darn it!!!), a dress (anybody got a colour suggestion? I'm open to ideas at the moment!), a blazer (preferably pin-stripe). I can already see it, me buying my first power-suit...haha!

And, I got my invite to Lauren's 21st! I'm so excited about it!!! It says 'smart casual'. And we all know I like my dress-codes. But you know, WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!?! Haha. I always have to plan this out. I know, casual, but I'd like to wear a skirt and some nice shoes. :) I'm thinking that black skirt and a black top, you know. And nice jewellery to top it off. Classy. All back to elegance, I tell you. What say-eth you?

And, if anybody has the High School Musical soundtrack, please tell me..!!! I'd really like to get my hands on a copy..! And perhaps tell me before I go rush off to buy it! How much do you think it'd cost? (And what about at Borders? I have some Borders money to spend...)

So, I'm kinda rushing towards my 2nd half of my winter break. Four weeks sounds like ages, but it's really not. I've hardly met up with some people that I intended to catch up with. Hopefully I'll see two more friends next week, one more the following week (all school friends of sorts). Plus other people....lots of people, I tell you! Hmm....maybe I should go do some piano practice..? It's taken a bit of a battering this week. I know Caroline said to have a break, which I am. But I also feel a great need to at least get an hour of piano in a day. Just so that it doesn't really stop...!

Oh, and Martin came over today. I know, you're thinking, "But he's your tutor!" Never fear, he IS my tutor, but he's also a friend from choir. It's kinda strange seeing people you know from the other side of the country in 'your' space. But it's also kinda nice :) So, he came over for a bit of tea (I apologised profusely that it was 'instant' tea, you know, unlike tea leaves and stuff. It's ok..) He's on the way back to Melbourne this afternoon after a stint at New Norcia.

Talking about WA places, I've been reading Cloudstreet. If you don't know:
Cloudstreet is written by Tim Winton, a prolific WA writer
It has been adapted for stage and will be our (read: Queen's) production for semester 2.

I'm very excited about this book, primarily because it's quite fascinating, and the places that are mentioned I recognise! An astonishing amount I know about. And it's quite fascinating, because it's set in like, 1940s, 1950s and stuff. And to think and imagine what Perth would have been like in that time. I know I've seen some pictures of stuff from back then, it's still interesting to think about them now and either think "Wow, so much has changed!" or "Wow! That's still there today!" or think about how it's somewhere in-between. And it's just SO Western Australian. The things that they do, the attitudes they have, what they say. Ok, it might be AUSTRALIAN, and I'm clearly not Anglo-Saxon Australian born-and-bred, but I do identify with it.
Fascinating.

Ok, I'm done raving.
My brother comes back to Perth soon. I should better soak up the only-child thing, or free-reign-of-the-bathroom thing for a few days as much as I can! My two brothers (one blood, one proxy) are meeting on Saturday, I think. I hope the room doesn't explode. Although it had been suggested at one time that should my proxy brother, Mel and I be in the same room at a given time, the roof may collapse. This was the theory that was based on a photo which refused to stay up on my wall. This has also occurred with other photos, namely the ones of Mel and me with various people (a la Ben, Pete and Jonty). The world hasn't collapsed yet; well, no roofs have yet. That's a promising sign.

Right, maybe I should actually go now...got some dishes to do, clothes to do. I could never be a housewife. Hah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i culd neva imagine u as a housewife too! :P hehe

and i think you should get a red dress! ur ball dress looked fantastic so stay with the red. or a nice single bold colour! (rather then a rainbow wrapped around u! :P)

footy boot/sneakers ay? well, i tried buyin cons but got all caught up in the moment and got a size 2 big, im not sure if i can get my money bak 4 them! lol but oh well..

glad 2 hear ur music went up! bak up 2 99.999999% average??

wat type of good comments from concerto nite.. like wat?? PLEASE TELL!!!

anywayz, i really need the loo hehe so i'm off.

cya glady,
xx
p.s. how long till u go bak 2 melb?