Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Quotable Quote: "I love to eat."

So, my brother headed to Melbourne on Sunday night. He's there for a week at the Australian Law Students Association Annual Conference, presenting some paper on something, I don't know what. But he gets a holiday in Melbourne, I wouldn't be complaining!

It's a pity he's there while I'm not there. Although I managed to draw him up a not-to-scale map of Lygon St outlining the best places to go, including Lygon Court, gelate places, Inkari, Koko Black, Brunetti's, the various restaurants and the like. Hopefully he uses it...?!

So, I'm an only child for a week. I'm not sure if I like it. The attention is kinda full-on, but even I'm not sure I like it. Okay, the bathroom is mine for a week, which is nice. But there isn't anybody to talk to and stuff.....

So, my Monday. This was quite a day! I dubbed it Felicity-Monday.
She came over at about 11am. We hung out for about twelve hours in total. We shared stories and the like. We went out to Karrinyup for lunch, bumping into Parisse and Lauren from SMAGS. We are HORRIBLE decision makers, but we know this. It took ages for us to figure out what we were doing for lunch, where we were going, what we were going to eat. Sigh. That's ok. We sat eating our lunch and talked for AGES (because, you know, we hadn't talked at all...?! haha) Then we thought we should go somewhere else, and proceded to plonk ourselves down at The Coffee Club (where Dome used to be, in the middle) and had hot chocolate/coffee, a Jaffa Slice and a Chunky Chocolate Cheesecake. Wow. I was so full. We kept talking all through this. Flick then remembered she had to get her sister a present, so we went to Myer to get her a photo album, where we spent a little while picking out which one to get her. [There were many considerations, like price, how many photos, writing space, the design etc.] We stopped by the bank, the supermarket (to get lollies... :P ) then headed back to my place. I swapped bags (to accommodate packets to stuff we were going to smuggle in...!) and then we headed to her place to hang for a little while.

We hung out, talked to her parents, she made a few phone calls. Then we headed off to Innaloo to meet Rekha at Retro Betty's. None of us unfortunately could stomach a burger, but we did get crinkly chips. (Just the way to do it...!) We talked, we saw photos (me, for the million-th time, although I don't think I'll get sick of them... :P ) and chatted and chatted. Then we decided that it was time for our movie, so we got tickets to see Just My Luck. It was really cute.

And it's all about the eyes, a la Chris Pine. Really. We failed to comprehend how he was going to look cute at first, but take away those horrible thick-rimmed glasses that didn't suit him, spruce him up a bit, add a suit, stare into his eyes...yep, you've got him. Haha. It really was a cute movie :) And I always make the realisation that I don't go and see movies in Melbourne. Which is kinda strange, coz it's much much cheaper, well, you know, if we go on the right days. But $5!!

That was my day of eating and talking. Seriously, I came home and felt so bloated. I think I should be standing all day today, going for a run, going to the gym (with no gym membership, what the, but at least the intent is there!) or just eating healthy for the rest of the week! But it was really really really nice to catch up with two old friends!

Oh, and on Saturday my brother and I watched High School Musical. Too cute. Totally. And the four lead roles in that, yep, they're all attached to the Disney Channel. I should so be there. Haha. Anyway, the chick that played Gabriella is absolutely gorgeous, and she's only like, 18. And Zac Efron (Troy), is like, 19. And get this, the actors playing Sharpay and Ryan Evans are 21 and 22 respectively. Who would have guessed? I think I'm going to have to buy the soundtrack, because the show was way too cute and the songs were just too catchy! Haha. My seal of approval.

Talking about seals of approvals, I understand that cute blond guys apparently get it. Haha. And so do guys with nice eyes. Anonymous commenter: do you fit any of these two categories?

So, other movies to see would include Pirates of the Carribean 2, some other left-ish kinda movies, you know, interesting ones with interesting plots. And people to catch up with: Kavin. Because it will definitely be interesting! :) So, does anybody know good hot spots to go? I really don't really live here anymore, and definitely don't know the hot spots to hang, so some feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Right, I'm off...college buddies and other attached-to-Melbourne-people, I miss all you guys...the eating (hah!), the chillin'! See you soon...for another exciting semester: Music Ball, hangin', eating (what we do best), more birthdays.....!

No comments: