Saturday, November 19, 2005

Wheee....

Ouch. It hurts so much to have that title, coz it's such a Mel thing to say/do/type and now she's gone..... :(

So I've got a music-filled (and packing...erg...) weekend.

The precussion recital went well :) I'm happy with it! And yeah, that was the most intense week of rehearsals and 'getting-to-know-your-VCA' week! Didn't go out afterwards; instead, I came home to study for the stressful time known as 'an exam'.

My QM exam went ok, much better than I thought. I guess, what does one expect when there's been no practice exam, the subject changes from each semester to semester, there's no formula sheet before the exam and the assessments in the subject have been really hard....so, yeah you could say that I was stressed out about it! But, I think and I hope it went well. :) The multi choice was completed within half an hour, bearing in mind that the MCQ comprised 50% of the marks of the 2hr exam. Continuing on with the exam....I was left with one hour to write an answer to a twenty-mark question.

So, I've managed to pack most of my stuff. And boy, does my room look bare or what! (And I've still got three days....three days of emptiness....)

Friday night (yep, last night...it seems so long ago..!) was the last night of some people so we thought we'd go out. I was intending to get just gelate, but was persuaded to go out with Meg, Xing and Zoe, so Jess and I tagged along. The party actually started in Meg's room, involving a can of glitter spray then we went to Viva, the Mexican place on Lygon St, which involved a plate of nachos and two litres of margherita (mmm.....alcoholic slushy! :P )....then to the Carlton Yacht Club where cocktails were the go. I took Jess back to Queen's after that....the others apparently went to Jimmy Watson's, then on to the party at Pugg's. Cultural Crawl or what..???

Today was practice, more packing (sniff) and choir rehearsal, which went well....I'm really looking forward to singing tomorrow. I didn't realise just how much I love singing. So there's no way I can quit choir without joining another! Just like how I've realised this year that I miss playing violin in an orchestra...which brings me to my next idea of MYO or the uni orchestra. What does anybody think?

Said goodbye today to Tom, Wen, Zoe (until tomorrow) and Mel. :( Yep, I cried! I know that the holidays will hopefully fly by (ergh..better do, with wisdom teeth removal surgery lined up..! ergh...) but it's still a considerable time to be away from the place that has shaped this year and me so significantly...

So, to the summer...
what am I going to do?
Go to the beach. I don't care what I look like. I'm going for a good time. :)
Going for lunch at Delish with Nick. Because we can catch up at home. Which is exciting, knowing somebody from Melbourne and figuring out that they come from the same place as me! Going out somewhere with lots of friends. I think I say no to pubs. Coz I have the smell of smoke (evident in the way I have complained so much about it this year!) So, to the people I'm supposed to be going out with, can we do something nice? Like lunch, dinner, coffee, brekkie, meals, other nice places? Go to the beach? Movies, coz I've seen ONE this year!! Concerts. The park, to have a picnic, coz that's fun :) And it makes me feel like a little kid again :) Hopefully get a job....
Oh, and if you're around, please come visit me in hospital when I look like a chipmunk. (yay, thanks heaps nick...:S). Bring cards, flowers, soft toys, whatever else. Oh, and chocolates/candy that I won't be able to eat so you'll just have to eat it for me - that should be enough incentive for you guys to come...you get to see me and eat your favourite items of confectionary!

Oh, so this is what I've been thinking about all over Swotvac and exam period....

pity there's one more exam to go, but hopefully that will go well. Apparently the dean is really nice, and so's the head of brass (with a big smile on his face!) hehe :D

so, I look out my window of Queen's...it's a sight I will miss so much. Or just sitting here in my beloved room...the grey clouds are tinged with the fading sunlight, rolling in over the pale blue sky. It's a lot like what leaving is like. The sadness is full of so many memories - good and bad, wrapping the wonderful year up. I know I'll see the blue sky again, perhaps tomorrow or next week; it will come, it's just the long night that lies ahead...so many unknowns....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wheee indeed :)
i miss you!