Thursday, September 29, 2005

Intensity

Ah, the intensive week rehearsals have begun. Sigh. Where do I begin?

Tuesday was Fit as a Fiddle filming, after some rushed piano recording (which was not in time...oh well...!) And then the frantic search for something to burn it onto, in a proper format, and something to actually burn it...Sigh, technology...!(haha)

Jake and Harry looked HOT!!! Haha. :P It was awesome. Really. They were sooo awesome, not just in how they looked, but their dance moves and all! Mind you, it was hideously embarrrassing walking to uni from college in yellow pants, let alone running into Ron Farren-Price and having to explain taht I was doing filming, and that I didn't wear these normally! But I think it went very well. I can't wait to see it!

Wednesday was busy busy busy! I was woken up at 6am by an sms from the filming chick who thought I had her stuff (I was supposed to, but I didn't, coz I didn't recieve it from anybody...) who needed to pick it up at 7.45 that morning. So, I didn't get much sleep after that, as I lay in bed thinking, "Is it still too early to call people to look for her stuff?" Yes, it was weird enough walking around the college at about 6 in the morning in my pyjamas (yes, checking Eakins as well as the TV room), then being asked by this taxi driver, "Where do people who order taxis from Queen's normally wait?" yeah, good one.... :S

Anyway, rehearsals (11-6 argh!) went alright....intense, but made better by the fact that that morning, 9.30am, sarah and I went to buy our switchfoot tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we made the decision to go (after some begging and great planning of a 160-character sms!) and were really worried that it'd be sold out. But no, we managed to get 3 tix (sarah, mel and me!) and we were SOOOOOO PUMPED yesterday!

Oh my gosh. Where do i start???????????????????????
IT WAS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! I had such a good time.....see, I've never been to such a concert, so this was an exciting occassion :) And, there aren't many bands whose majority of songs I enjoy, so that was good. (All the more reason to go). Tell me, if you're in Perth (or elsewhere, not Melbourne, because you'd probably know that I do like the band...)...HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SWITCHFOOT? (I'm trying to suss out what kind of market?? I don't know...they're not that well known, but seriously, they are really awesome :) )

So, I had lots of company to go with.....sarah, mel, cece, cece's friends (who I didn't meet, but that's ok...that will have to happen sometime!) pete, sonar, 2 other guys from Jude's, pete's sister, and one of her friends. It was sooooo good!!! And a nice place, it was at Hi-Fi Bar and Ballroom down Swanston St (Reason #3 I told mum why it was a good reason to go: Not very far, and easy to get there!)

Yeah, i haven't shut up about switchfoot all day. I'm sorry, I'm still on a high. I've been listening to it constantly for the past few days... :P And will be for the next week or two!!! Haha.

Okay, now to experiment with putting photos online with picasa/photobucket/some other programme which I haven't figured out...

No comments: