Monday, April 28, 2008

happy times

I had a fantastic weekend.

I haven't been able to say that in a while, I think!
This is not to say I didn't enjoy my own 21st, but the general happy feeling wasn't prolonged over the entire weekend like this one was.

The thing I appreciated most about it was that I got to hang out quite a lot with a special bunch of friends (not that you're not special!) - some I see quite a bit, some not so, some who I know better, some who I don't, but would like to.

The roadtrip to Geelong was lots of fun. We stopped by McDonald's, dressed up to the nines...getting the sufficient stares that our outfits asked for. It was freezing, we endure it! We got a little lost in Geelong, looked for the Yacht Club, found it. Started the party (because you know, the party does really start when we get there!) Had a lovely night at the 21st - was heaps of fun. Enjoyed the speeches very much. Roadtrip back was also fun, highlighted by going through Drive-Thru at Macca's to get a number of ice-cream sundaes! It would have sucked if the person had told us "Sorry, our soft serve machine is currently out of order." Haha.
B refused to let anybody (especially me, by poking and a high whiny voice..) sleep because he couldn't. I see.....

Slept in on Sunday morning (kinda by accident; I did set an alarm, and hit snooze a couple of times, and then tried to reset the time, although it looks like that failed, because I was awoken by the Ormond bell at 9am..!!!) Did a bit of work (tiny tiny bit!) before going to the shops to get some food supplies. Went to Princes Park to have a picnic with some church friends yay! We were sufficiently picnic-food-stocked, which was good. Some people went to extravagant lengths, so impressive...the culinary delights did indeed delight...
Then was the soccer...

I really hadn't intended on playing. I maintained that I look retarded when I play....and was given the tip about diving, "an 'important' part of the game". But I somehow managed to be convinced to play soccer. Me. Play. Soccer.

Since when?!?!

Anyway, so there I was. Even prior to the match, I was doing my thing...and managed to fall squarely on my butt. Haha. It was pretty funny.

Until this morning, when I woke up with a sore back...not so funny.
But still amusing. Haha.

Anyway. Soccer.
I was probably worth about half a player, given my (lack of) skill.....thank goodness for some stars like 'Hog' (affectionately termed by T), and star H with good support from S. I must have been there for decoration.

So, the review of the match. The yellow team smelt (literally) because of the bibs they were wearing (they were actually really stinky...); in terms of their soccer though, they were quite good! They were dominating for the whole match. But we, the un-bibbed managed to put some strong defence in, and the occasional offence, drawing the match even. And for the highlight.....I even scored a goal! Admittedly, it was just a case of slotting it in....everybody else set it up, I was just an accessory. Remember? Don't play soccer....
I missed a couple of golden opportunities, just didn't really know what to do with my legs, I'm that retarded....! Oh well...

We all needed the rest after it (half time..?!?!)....whereupon I thought it'd be a great idea to play by myself again. Haha. At least I didn't fall on my butt this time...but S taught me some cool skills. Well, they're kinda basic, but you see, I was lacking in the basics, to they were pretty cool to me!

Anyway, some well-needed rest followed. Seriously well-needed. I was already a little sore, but not too bad. Church that night was great, our music team was on; we had a new song to learn, which was cool. Met some awesome people, who were a bunch of fun...there were some pretty funny quotes and moments from last night...


But the 'happy times' title comes from the fact that I got to spend time with some awesome friends. Again, some I know well, some I don't know as well. And they were good times. I smiled a lot. Even though it hurt a lot today. (Physically, that is!)
And I am so blessed to have friends like these. They're amazing. And I love them all so much.

No comments: