Friday, April 22, 2011

I have to pinch myself sometimes

So I've technically been on holidays for a week now. Of course, we all know that this just means that there is no compelling need for me to turn up in South Melbourne for classes unless I schedule anything myself. And you probably already guessed that meant that I was in South Melbourne pretty much every day. I'm proposing that the term 'holiday' be removed from a list of possible terms applied to my study and work situation. I prefer 'day(s) of rest'. Far more appropriate and descriptive.

Anyway, it has been good in any case. There was time to practice, and just chill out a little bit without having specific times to be anywhere. I also filled up my evenings because I could...! I taught on Monday evening, saw a Peter Wispelwey recital on Tuesday (solo Bach and Britten suites), saw the Easter Musical on Wednesday, and went out for birthday fun on Thursday.

So many good things. The sunshine. Friends. Music. Concerts. Rehearsals. Switchfoot gig!!!! (amazing!!! So. Cool.) Hot cross buns. Dancing. Singing.

And I was reflecting on how amazing this week has been, even though it's been busy and I haven't really gotten back into my proper sleep routine. And even though it has been incredible, how much MORE incredible this celebration of Easter is. I really enjoyed the sermon last week at church, and the truths about why we celebrate Easter. What it means for us. One of the things that really struck me was that the Passion story is not one of accident, nor a conspiracy, nor an unfortunate set of circumstances with unfortunately endings. These events were all ordained and were set in motion as a matter of choice and response.

Now that's incredible.

No comments: