Sunday, February 10, 2008

it's been just over one week...

....since i came back to melbourne.

am settling in quite well, apart from seeing a mouse in my room the other day. not impressed.

went up to bendigo during the week to visit friends, which was lots of fun. did touristy things like see the old buildings such as The Capitol Theatre, Art Gallery, Old Post Office (which houses a tourist info centre now), Rosalind Park, up to the top of the tower there, Mickey Mouse Hill, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Bendigo Senior Secondary College (hehe), other schools (haha), and hung out with my friends' families, which was lots of fun. Thanks A and J for showing me around and for having me at your places!

had SCR induction day today. that was ok. we knew most of the stuff already, having lived here for three years, but there is now a different perspective, I suppose.

am trying to figure out my econometrics conundrum - i think i may have reached a breakthrough, and hopefully can figure out a way around this. it's very annoying, particularly as the office basically told me "sorry, we can't help you, bad luck". but i think i can do this.

am looking forward to music 2008, although i'm disappointed i can't take Stravinsky and Studies in Opera (particularly this one) because i officially was accepted into prac 4 on friday (i assumed i would already, and had started planning my repertoire!)

so, the plan for this week is to hopefully clean my desk (looks like a BOMB!!! at the moment), get my room sorted, having carpet redone monday week, going to a couple of mso concerts, meeting up with a couple of friends, learning to live (that whole cooking, organised etc thing) and practice, of course, which i'm starting to get back into. oh, and last night i started researching places for my 21st. i suppose i might have left it a little late....i'm so bad at this....oh well, hopefully i'll be able to find a place that will allow me to have an 80-person dinner a la carte. if not, i have no idea what i'm doing.
stressful. go figure...

No comments: