Wednesday, February 14, 2007

the first

from E347, my new room!

Arrived yesterday, Flick picked me up from the airport. She brought Lauren too, which was a very nice surprise! :)
I was so worried, because the baggage handlers at Perth airport actually went on strike the day before I left, and some flights were delayed (by quite a lot) and a couple were actually cancelled altogether. I was so desparate NOT to be in that situation that I prepared a list for my mum about who to call and what to tell them if I was going to be delayed!

Alas, it was not an issue. Ok, so we left about half an hour later, but the flight was a quick three hours (compared to 3.5hrs normally, must have been a good flight path). I watched 'Flushed Away', which is a really cute animated movie (including voices done by Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet) - I'd recommend if for some cute laughs :) I unfortunately felt quite sick on the plane, not least for not sleeping too well the night before (my mum would term it 'being excited'), although she should know that I don't usually sleep well before flights (so much so that last time, I decided not to go to sleep at all..!). I even missed having ICE-CREAM!! (It was a Triple Choc Trumpet even!!! waahh..!)

Alas, we went to the Vic to pick up all my stuff...I was surprised it all fit into the car! But we slowly made our way to Queen's after being most amused by Sam and Flick kinda cleaning out the cupboard under the stairs so that they could fit their bikes in! Hehe. Flick and Loz helped me move all my stuff...thanks guys :) Sorry for the three flights of stairs...there are some perks and some definite downsides to living on the top floor!

Unfotunately, I haven't been really able to carry out this role of International Student representative to the best of my ability so far, I think. I got here much later than most of the students, so that was obviously something that should be fixed for next year. However, I will be meeting some of them at Drinks with the Master today so that should be better :)

Unfortunately, I had a fairly sleepless night last night, due to a new bed (I never sleep well on the first night in a new place, even if I'm really tired, such as yesterday) as well as a number of mozzie bites yuk :S . Oh well, hopefully tonight will be better.

Today is my uni day, so it shall be big..!

Anyway, I'm off.....

1 comment:

gina said...

So you've arrived at college! What does it feel like? I leave on Feb 21. That's really soon.. Argh..
Anyway.. say hi to everyone for me. See you soon!

xoxo
Gina