Thursday, April 09, 2009

Eighteen weeks left of universty: the undergrad installment

Ahh!
Easter is upon us - which means term one is over. Which means I'm supposed to have learnt half of the material for this semester already. Ahh! I am very far from that!
Rehearsals again have taken up much of my time - which I do admittedly enjoy. Have fortunately managed to meet up with friends in-between that (some more than others...) which is also good. I like those moments.

So, highlights have included....

* Getting gelate on Lygon St on a lovely Saturday afternoon. A lovely way to while away the time... :)
* Wednesdays. Conducting class has been challenging, amusing and frustrating. And a time to get really hungry....whereupon we immediately run out to get lunch. Pity we don't get pastries (yet!) in the morning during our quintet rehearsal.....we're still waiting ;)
* Fun music practice. Where we check out the new colour scheme. And then how that becomes the hot topic of conversation. (Eg. would you have a wedding with those walls? What would the bridesmaids wear? Who or what would actually be the centre of attention?!)
* 21sts. There's not too many left to attend (I think...) but there are a few. Particularly good when almost everybody there you also consider your close friends in that circle too. Lovely.
* Housewarmings. Paintings. Friends.
* Chamber music tutes that go well. When they like us :) Which seems to be working out for us at the moment......and the satisfaction of being pushed hard because somebody thinks you have potential. And then hearing the results. So exciting.
* Exciting music ideas.....and how people are really excited about delivering the news!
* Playing in Concert Class (even when you play wrong notes that are dissonant and really funny!). And for singing lessons. And for grad seminars.
* Long hours of days out - morning till night. Running around madly trying to make rehearsals, meetings, dinner appointments, concerts. Awesome times. Except for the homework I didn't do....but I knew I was never going to do it...
* Those days that are really cold....but sunny and clear. One of my favourite sorts. More heat is preferable for some, but this, I think is really ideal, so long as one is dressed approrpriately for it.
* Massive church services because there are four people being baptised on the same night. Awesome. Truly.

I fell asleep (read: nodded off multiple times) in EVERY class this week - oops...there is much revision to be done.
And there is a warm bed waiting for me to hop into it. Why am I blogging now? I've set my alarm for six hours' time....so that I can catch a cab at 7.15am. So. Early. Ahhh.
See y'all back in the 'bourne soon...
xoxo. Not that one. Just me. :P

No comments: