Monday, November 10, 2008

very brief update - in ten minutes of furious typing!

It is been almost a month since I blogged. Primarily because term four has been super-busy (more than usual...is that possible?) and also because about two weeks ago, my computer decided to kick it. So, not having the distractions of checking my email and facebook every two minutes, as well as not having the need to update the readers of this blog on my weekly happenings.

But this will probably be fairly short, with more updates (ie. the whole of the last four weeks!) to come later, probably at the end of this week.

Done lots of playing, which may be summarised as such:
*Concert Class - solo (woo!) and the Khachaturian trio (yay!)
*Concerto Comp with a few friends
*Chamber Music Comp
*Chamber Music tutes
*Chamber Music exams
*Apollo Concert (my last as Choir conductor!)
*Concert at Queen's
*Composition Concert
oh, and rehearsals here and there for all the above, plus more.
It's been fun :)

A couple of 21sts, one themed as a jazz night and the other as a Spanish Fiesta. Both were enjoyable. Good chance to catch up with some friends, party for the last time till after exams (hah)

Been organising some AYO stuff on my side, getting forms in, chasing up people and bits and pieces.

Figured out that my late-night study regime is actually quite good - as in, I study fairly well at night (particularly with no MSN open to distract me now!). But this is also a bad thing, because I work well in the early morning too. And can't *really* afford to sleep in the afternoon given that my body should get used to being awake in the afternoon due to exams in the afternoon. What I need is to be able to survive on NO sleep. Or perhaps just a little bit of sleep. But unfortunately, that is not the case. Oh well....

Okay, it is time to depart. More to follow, if it is necessary.....

No comments: