Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time flies

So, I made it through results coming out. Quite pleasantly so.
And I'm proud to report (besides my Technical Exam, as well as Chamber Music, as practice for that must be done in isolation, bar Chamber Music being with other people) that the communal study in Baillieu and Brownless must have worked, because that mark came out quite well! Compared to the one I thought I would fail, it was significantly higher. Must have been the people I was studying with :P Hehe. But don't worry, I didn't fail anything!

I have enjoyed chillaxing at home for the holidays. Three weeks is nearly up, and I haven't seen everybody I wanted to (okay, all of these are at least my fault..), caught up on as much sleep, done enough piano practice, planned enough for semester 2. Oh well. This happens all the time - why should I be so surprised?

So, you ask, what have I done?
Well, I got to spend some time with the family, which was good. This is when they're not all at work. This whole three-income household is good, I suppose, but also not very at the same time.
Went shopping several times to try capitalise on these end of financial year sales. It wasn't terribly successful, but I did do some shoe shopping. Not enough, but maybe it'll just take a longer time to find the right pair...

Disappointed I missed a Melbourne Adventure (wow, that's what we should call it!!!), finally they made it to Blue Train hehe. But on the flipside (also because you know, it was a little difficult to make it just for dinner..), I did have another dinner with another group of friends - the Perth-Melbourne traitors. It was much fun. We ended up playing Pictionary (probably my favourite board game!) which was amusing. Gee, A is competitive, though he did warn us haha. But it was fun. Then M had to leave because he had to be home in time to pack before he flew out to Melbourne that night. Hehe - hardcore, going out the same night that you fly out of town!

Have been organising a few things for the St Mary's August concert, (re-)learning some repertoire, organising money stuff and making sure all the arrangements are in place. Wow, August is filling up very quickly - weekends are getting booked very quickly, and I'm struggling to be able to confirm things that happen two weeks in advance, despite me being picky about booking well in advance! But we'll see how we go.

My timetable looks ok. I still have uni every day (I don't think that first semester/1st year freedome of two days off a week is ever going to happen again..!) - but it only amounts to about 13hrs of class. So, there are gaps here and there for coffee dates, rehearsals, practice, running around, meeting people, going places (to do uh...work-related stuff!). But hopefully lots of work will just be done during the week meaning those weekends are totally cool to do those fun things that have been booked in already!

Have quite a few exciting projects coming up (and by 'project', I usually mean musical..). I'm again collaborating with a few (several, perhaps more) people on several projects, which should be exciting. When concert dates/performances come up, I shall keep you posted (let me know if you'd like to be included on the email out).

I am very excited about getting back to Melbourne (my mum says it's because there's parties all the time haha), and seeing you folk again. But I have enjoyed being at home, relaxing. There is a certain element of removing oneself geographically that makes me anxious for about two days, and then really relaxed after that. It's nice :)

Anyway, now I'm rambling. I will stop now for fear of making you readers bored. Ciao!

No comments: