Friday, October 07, 2005

Term 4...only a few weeks left (yikes!)

Yeah, it's finally term 4! This year has seriously flown by, it's freaky.
anyway, it is production week. Finally! Or argh, more like it!

Talk about rehearsals extraordinaire!
Okay, after the hype of Switchfoot, which I am still going on about (will not shut up more like it! Haha, it will be one of those talked-about events for a while, try...the rest of my life? Haha..)
Intensive rehearsals continued...We did a full run-through on Thursday night, which went alright. Also try to fit in orchestra rehearsals...!!! Same deal Saturday, where the orchestra must have sat through a 'tech run' which ended up equating to sitting around for two hours, doing nothing but play ONE song, yes, just one. Once. Sigh. Big waste of time, I gotta say, but oh well. Sunday: cast rehearsals. More of them. Oh well.

S0, the academic term started....Monday night was a full dress rehearsal. That didn't go incredibly well, but that was the first time that we actually put EVERYTHING together (ie. the acting, singing, orchestra, dancing, the full sh-bang in the theatre..) This was AFTER a full day at uni, of course :P We were all made to go to formal dinner (as per usual Queen's dinner..), and I gotta say, I shovelled down that food pretty fast! And felt kinda bad for leaving people at the table, but you know, we had a deadline, and so did everybody else!

Tuesday, we had a preview night. It was kinda like a full dress rehearsal as well, but with people watching. That went ok. Not incredibly well. And a meeting that went late... :S (To go through notes and what not..)

Wednesday night: non-play! (Can you believe it?) Well, in the afternoon, I went to do a publicity stunt. Yes, this involved going down to uni with a group of Queeners with their yellow (kid-sized, although fitting me quite well..) umbrellas. (They are HOT! haha) and singing and dancing through uni. Yes, I actually stood on Concrete Lawn and sang a little bit all by myself. How's that for weird? I so wouldn't do that normally...! Haha. It was lots of fun. We made complete fools of ourselves, but had lots of fun doing this weird thing, handing out postcards and advertising! Wednesday night was Collegian's Dinner. Yay for black dress! mind you, the dress was supposed to make its debut at this dinner, but was pre-empted by a showing the previous night, due to the dress code for the orchestra being "black tie", so i'm thinking "hey! Black tie is black dress! Why not? i gotta practice playing in this and my shoes!" Still, it was fun to get dressed up for formal dinner (as it always is!).

We had pre-dinner drinks for award winners, which is kinda nice. :) Eakins looked beautiful, yet again. The food was really good, the speakers were entertaining (ie. didn't put me to sleep, like almost every other speaker so far...!). The awards were amazing, in terms of who got them (well, some of them!). I am proud to say that I did receive a Wyvern Medal, but am also incredibly proud to say that a number of my friends also received them :) Well done guys! There was a turn afterwards, which I didn't go to, because of this Macro assignment! I had attempted to do it the night before, but ended up going to bed at about 2am, because I was too tired (and then getting up for breakfast...I always say that I won't, but end up doing it anyway..). So, working on this assignment till yes, 3am. Yes, that is a really bad time to be working (I moved to the library, so I couldn't be distracted by the internet! Haha) and also really bad time to stay up till after only 5 and a half hours of sleep... :S I really don't suggest it, but I did manage to get it done!

thursday: OPENING NIGHT!!! Wow, we've been anticipating this for sooooo long!!! It was an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME show!! It all went perfectly, except for the talking picture with no picture ("Good audio, can we have some visuals, Sam?" Haha). The crowd loved it. I was glad to see Phoebe and Aaron there, having sat next to them in Concert Class earlier that day and asking them whether they'd be interested :) It was cool :) Wow, we were all on such a high from last night :) Everybody did soooo well!!! Sigh. My words can't even begin to describe how awesome that went. I'm really looking forward to tonight, Gala Night (yay for black tie! Haha). We had a good crowd last night, 190 or so, having only had about 90 bookings in the morning. Apparently tonight is quite sold out, and we hope that by tomorrow there is a waiting list...we hope to sell out! It'd be awesome to have so much demand for another show, but it is incredibly tiring. Oh well. It has been an awesome awesome experience, even though it has been incredibly draining. But fun :)

Anyway, I am incredibly tired now...(having slept at 2am this morning, because I really had to review these two lectures for today that I wouldn't have done this morning...!). But I need to do a bit of work...there is another assignment due next week (argh! They never stop!) and I have a choir concert next week as well. And of course, 3 more shows, which I am excited about. :)

Okay, I'm off. Hope you're all good :)
and come see Singin' in the Rain!

Doo de doo doo!!

2 comments:

gina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gina said...

Haha.. Yeah, everyone was awesome, huh!
2 more shows to put on.. and then it's over..! Trust me, you're gonna be a little happy and a lot sad when it's over and done. Hehe..

Catcha later, alligator!


Luv,
Gina