Sunday, July 17, 2011

lots of little trivial things

I know clothes don't make a man (and/or woman) but still, having some new clothes is pretty exciting. Particularly when they're on sale.

So I don't go shopping for leisure that much. I actually find it quite frustrating. I much prefer going shopping at the markets for fresh food. I tend to only go when I need something in particular, or when a sale tempts me enough to have a little poke around to see what bargains can be had. Today had some purpose in it: a pair of jeans (because I pretty much live in jeans and performance blacks...), some earphones and some warm socks for my impending one day in Canberra at the end of July. All things were accomplished today, which I am a little shocked at because I usually spend a long time umm-ing and ahh-ing, but with a limited time frame and the knowledge that fitting another shopping trip is near impossible in the forseeable future, I think I was pretty determined to get it done. I'll tell you: I'm pretty excited my two new pairs of woollen socks; They will do very well in the freezer that Melbourne currently is and the expectation of Canberra!

Also in my rather unusual-for-me-because-I-usually-have-this-practice-routine day, I did some particularly domestic activities: cupcakes baked and iced, a load of washing in the machine and dryer, a load of blacks washed, vegetables chopped and roasted in anticipation for cooking soup later this week, French toast made and consumed, supermarket shopping done. Yep, I think I'm set to be a domestic housewife if this music thing doesn't work out....or even if it does!

The vacuuming, among other things, still remains to be done...maybe as a procrastination tool....

No comments: