Sunday, March 21, 2010

In the Kitchen

The cakes were a success. I have to admit that they were packet cakes - but so long as they turn out and taste good, that's what counts right?
Two Zesty Orange Cakes (with frosting!) were full of yummy sugary goodness. I kid you not, I had almost no ingredients to make a cake in the first place - I didn't even have a cake tin, so I had to buy one! Haha.
And then this weekend, I thought that I'd use some of the eggs that I'd bought last weekend (making cakes), so I thought about quiche. I found an easy recipe on the internet and proceded to buy the self-raising flour that I can now use for cakes (and other things) from scratch! A fairly successful quiche eventuated - lots of yummy vegetables thrown in, can't complain. And extra for the freezer too.
The other handy tip is that when making stir-fry noodles, it's better to use the fresh (rather than dry) noodles. My mum told me that, after I complained to her that the dry ones were breaking when I stirred my stir-fry. And success, that was tonight's dinner.
I feel all chuffed with myself for cooking something more than scrambled eggs, or pasta. Woo!
Now I just need to buy an apron and oven-mittens - perhaps I'll tell my mum that that's what she should get me for my birthday. Dull, hey?!

No comments: