Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Magic of Mozart

Probably one of the most exciting projects I've worked on. Although admittedly, I get excited quite easily. But this was probably one of the most exciting concerts I've ever done.
It probably ranks up there with the Shell Youth Orchestra when I was 12, as well as the 2000-and-something CAS concert with John Bates conducting. Though I hope I haven't offended anybody now by not mentioning that project I did with them. I truly cherish and am thankful for all the opportunities I've had.
But this one is quite unique, in that this concept is not overly complex, but nobody else really in this city of this calibre (at such an age) is doing this sort of thing. So that makes it differentiated.

The audience yesterday at the hospital was appreciative and larger than expected.
The audience today at Trinity were captivated and rightfully so!
Thank you to the friends who came - I really appreciate your support and it was fantastic to play for you. For those who couldn't make it, another time, another time....
The creepy though amazing Domine Deus was phenomenal; the introspectiveness of the Recordare; the excitement, confusion and drama of the sextet; working on each of your solos...
To the sexy sextet, I love you guys. It was an honour and pleasure to work with you - I look forward to our next project, but remember, give me plenty of notice!

So, now that Mozart is over (well, for the sexy sextetters so far...), there are other projects to look forward to. First up is HM (MSV) comps with J and A - lots of very quick learning!
And I am very enthusiastic about working on the Brahms second cello sonata.
Of course, trios are there too, should be lots of fun!
Next year is already partially planned - it includes the Beethoven or Mozart quintet (perhaps both?!?!) and possibly the Janacek septet (just for fun!). I'm looking forward to it already!

I know, you're thinking "What? Two posts in one week? What is she doing???" but I am probably missing something right now......but in my defence, I am on duty tonight which requires me to be on call until midnight - so no rest for the wicked, though somebody told me "and less for the righteous"!

Just caught up on reading W's blog - wow, I have missed a lot! But glad to catch up on it all. Admittedly, it is my own doing that my friendship groups at any given time tend to centre on what I'm working on at the moment. This is definitely one of my weaknesses. With every intention of maintaining everything else, I have unfortunately not. And for that I apologise.

One question I have is.......do you, the reader, find this blog boring?
Is there anything you'd like to see on here? I would appreciate comments of all sorts (though perhaps leave the offensive out) - perhaps pose some questions or suggestions? Those I deem appropriate to address might make an appearance. I suppose I read other people's, and they seem far more interesting than mine, which range from ramblings on all sorts of things, vague thoughts, ventings, recounts of extended periods of time (due to busy-ness!), reviews of stuff (when I can be bothered...)

No comments: